Monday, October 19, 2009

Something New!


Back on August 17th our family grew. This is the first of its kind in our family and something that my DH and I have never experienced.


We bought our first brand new car! I know for many that is not a big deal but for us it was HUGE! This is the first time for either one of us to be first time owners of a new vehicle.


I know it is not the top of the line or anything but for us it might as well be a Mercedes, BMW or Rolls. We are completely enjoying it.

It took me a while to figure out why I liked this car so much then it finally dawned on me. It reminds me of my old Pontiac Phoenix that I had back in college. I loved having a hatchback back then. Often I would have time to kill between classes and not enough time to go back home. I would pop up the trunk lay down the seats in the back and study or do homework with the radio going in the great outdoors. That was the car that I think I finally experienced the freedom of independence of being an adult, looking at the world with such optimism and hope. It was not my first car but it was the first car that I bought all on my own. It wasn't a hand me down or a family member that made a deal so good that I couldn't refuse. Now this is the first car that my husband and I have bought all on our own. It is almost as if a lot of those old feelings are being rekindled.

This is the first time for me that my car has even had a CD player. I know that is a little funny especially now that everything is going to ipod and mp3's but I'll take it.


You know you are excited about something when you go through the pictures for the day. We took nearly 100 pictures of the car (See I did not bore you with all of them.) and only about 5 of the kids. This is what the kids do while they are waiting on mom and dad to quite being silly over a new car!

No comments:

Post a Comment