Monday, October 12, 2009

Fall Fun in Oklahoma


I found this to be just beautiful. What surprises me more is that it is in Oklahoma. We spent this last weekend with almost 200 of our Geocaching friends. We were at Robbers Cave in south eastern Oklahoma. The air was crisp and the friendships warm. It has been 5 years since I last visited this state park and I don't remember it being as beautiful as it is now. We went exploring the cave area and found several of these.

One of the things that I noticed is that they were always and I mean ALWAYS pointing up. Maybe it is that the kids are finally old enough to climb themselves so that is the direction we kept going. Before I probably would have turned back at the first or second one. The only thing I think I kept repeating was "keep away from the ledge!"


They got along so well and were truly taking in the nature that surrounded us. The girl noticed several types of fungi and the boy was looking at all the different rock formations. Lucky for (me) us the only wild critter found was a small frog.

This last weekend has rejuvenated my spirit. Bringing together family and friends in nature brings its own peace. Life is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment