Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Summer Road Trip 2010 - Day 2


We started off day two of our journey grabbing a special geocache in Pine Bluff, Arkansas. GC26ERF for my geocaching friends.

While wondering through this quaint town we found this pharmacy. I could not resist making a photo opp out of it. I loved the old sign and the name of the store was perfect for the subject.


While wondering through Arkansas we stumbled across this sign. Hubby and I were laughing so hard we just had to make a U turn for the pic. Wouldn't you just hate to have been Herman. Nothing like getting to explain adolescent humor to your kids.


Next we crossed our first state line for the day. We made it to Memphis, TN. That is hubby and I on the Memphis side of the Mississippi River with the bridge that shows the state line in the background.


I loved this mosaic egg in front of the visitor's center.


You can not mention Memphis and not think Elvis. This wasn't our last time to see Elvis on this trip. I know she is doing a disco move but hey it was before her time and she was having fun.

Next we crossed another state line. Can you guess where we went? It made this boy pretty happy.


We went to Kentucky! And the crowd roared! This was one of my son's wishes for his summer vacation. He wanted KFC in Kentucky. Given our planned route this was a pretty easy wish to grant. After all I can only hope that his future wishes are so easy to acquire.




Don't let that expression fool you. He was happy to be there.



We went ahead and spent the night there in Kentucky. This was a day where we spent a lot of time driving in the car. We wanted to make sure that the long days of driving were at the beginning of our trip so that we could really enjoy the rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment