Thursday, July 22, 2010

Summer Road Trip 2010 - Day 9


This was to be our last day in Jacksonville Beach. Our sweet little cutie and her momma rode their bike over to our hotel to say good bye. I sure do miss them. They stayed visiting for about an hour when we decided to have one last memory together. We chose to walk the pier and boardwalk together. I am so glad we did it was so hard to say good bye. These two people are such precious treasures in my life. I don't know if they will ever know just how much they mean to me. While I love E his girls have my heart. After a nice stroll and some excessive tourist shopping we said our final good byes.



Our goal was the long way to Fort Meyers for the night and see a few things along the way.


This chain link in St. Augustine got all of our attention. How unique is that. Hubby and I have decided that we will make this one of our future destination cities because so much there caught our eye that we would like to explore.


One of our goals was to get our son close enough to the launch pad so that he could see a space shuttle. There was not enough time to visit NASA on this trip so this was as close as he got. If you look just on the left at the distant shore line you can see two of the launch pads. Unfortunately I think it was impossible to tell if the shuttle was at or on either one of them.

We made it passed Coco Beach to land hear. I Dream Of Jeannie LN. Yes, this place really does exist and it is a public beach that is named for the show I Dream of Jeannie. A fun note was this was the same place I had stopped last time in Florida while heading to A and E's wedding. Strange how life pulls us in the same directions sometimes.



We took the kids on the nature boardwalk trail just to stretch a bit. I think this is the same picture that was taken last time I was hear although it isn't as green or maybe it us just the boards are a little more weathered.

The nature walked ended up being more of a reptile walk. We saw more lizards here than anywhere else on our adventure. This is just a few that stayed still long enough for me to snap a photo.





By the time we left it felt as though even the sea wheat was waving us a sad good bye. As it was the last time we were on an Atlantic beach on this trip.


Somewhere on our quest to see the space shuttle we came across this. We don't see these in Oklahoma. Can you guess?




No it is not a train crossing.


It is a draw bridge! We were the first in line! It was pretty exciting for us. I won't bore you with all the sequential pics I took but for us this was pretty entertaining and a nice distraction while driving.


Finally we were able to at least see a space shuttle even though it was not on the launch pad. We tried to find a place to park without any success. So this was the best we could get while we kept on making time.


Now who can go to Florida and not see anything Disney. If you can do that you must just be blind and even then I think Mr. Walt has some way of letting you know they are there.


We did make it to Fort Meyers in the late evening so that we could get up early the next morning. Because it was one of the days I was so looking forward to showing and spending with my kids.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a good time!!! You are all still smiling--that's a good thing!

    ReplyDelete